26 December 2008

A House Full of Women

About two weeks ago I had guests. My place isn't that big but I do have a guest-room. Of course as Murphey's laws have it, you never get one guest, they sometimes come in threes. No problem with that. I just bought a new couch which can double as bed tho my idea was to watch TV on it in a horizontal position with the option of dozing off (it needs a new cover and cushions obviously).

Pam and Alison shared the bed in the guest-room and Gilian, who arrived last and stayed shortest, got the couch. A coincidental run-in with Menna and Ilka and a planned visit from Salima brought the tally up to 6. Nick was in Dakhla so I was the only guy. They all look scared and frightened I know, but I assure you that's due to the unexpected flash of the camera. There was lots of hilarity (vibrating toothbrushes one of the main themes) and a fair amount of G&T's.
Just that morning Alison and Pam and Gilian left the flat at the same time as I did, after having taken showers and of course we all ran into my Bawaba, Umm Tamr, a little black-dressed woman, who greeted us with a cheery good morning, an impish grin from ear to ear and in my imagination a "two thumbs up" sign. It's good for my street creds on the Mohammed Mazhar. I'm the guy with three women now. Not sure I'm doing the reputation of foreigners much good tho....

No comments: